The latest announcements, updates, offers, and events at ReefNet
|Looking for our official press releases? You can find them HERE.
- Limited Space on May Expedition!
- Just a few spaces remain on ReefNet's upcoming expedition to Indonesia's Banda Sea. This is ReefNet's second public expedition, following on the heels of our December 2009 expedition to Ambon/Raja Ampat. Participants will join ReefNet for 16 days aboard the legendary liveaboard vessel Pindito starting in Raja Ampat and ending near Komodo. Photographers, videographers, and marine life enthusiasts are encouraged to join us in our search for new species.
- Reef Fish DVD Update 1.4.3
- An important update for ReefNet's Reef Fish Identification 4th Edition DVD resolves problems with slide show playback scaling. If you have had trouble getting your custom shows to play properly, this update may help. It is recommended for ALL users.
- Sensus Manager 2.61
- Sensus Manager 2.61 is an incremental update recommended for ALL users. In addition to streamlining the user interface, version 2.61 adds a number of statistics features such as tabulating the total dive count, average bottom time, cumulative bottom time, etc. The update is available here. NOTE FOR MAC USERS: Version 2.61 for Mac OS is coming very soon.
- Join a ReefNet Dive Expedition
- For many years, ReefNet has run private expeditions throughout the world's tropical waters to document rare marine life. For the first time in 15 years, we've decided to open selected trips to the public. ReefNet's Dive Expeditions are intensive photo/video trips in search of rare or undocumented species. If you'd like to contribute to our projects, or even if you'd just like to join for the fun, consider signing up for one of our upcoming expeditions!
- Sensus Ultra Firmware 3.2
- ReefNet has released Sensus Ultra Firmware 3.2. This is the first firmware update since the release of the Sensus Ultra. It addresses a non-critical timing issue that affects some recorders. Although installing this update is NOT REQUIRED, it is recommended. To update your firmware, first download and install Sensus Manager 2.58 or later (includes firmware updater). Also note that updating your firmware erases the contents of your recorder...download first!
- Sensus Manager 2.58
- ReefNet has released Sensus Manager 2.58. This version resolves a long-standing download issue experienced by a few users. It also adds a firmware update function to allow the recorder to be upgraded without return to ReefNet. An associated firmware update has been simultaneously released. Both the software and firmware updates are recommended for all users.
- SubSee Adapters Available
- After many months of research and development, ReefNet is excited to announce the SubSee Adapter. The adapter fits on your underwater camera's port and accepts the SubSee Magnifier optic, turning your setup into a supermacro powerhouse. The best part? When you want to shoot regularly, just swing the SubSee adapter out of the way. All popular housings/ports are supported.
- ReefNet at DEMA Show 2008
- ReefNet is presently exhibiting at the DEMA Show in Las Vegas, NV from October 22-25, 2008. If you're at the show, be sure to stop in at our booth (#2011) to see what's new! As usual, we're offering a 10% discount for all wholesale orders placed during the show.
- Sensus Manager 2.56 Update
- ReefNet has released Sensus Manager 2.56. This version adds a handy "Export CSV" button which allows raw dive data to be easily exported to a comma-separated value (CSV) file. The simple export format is easily adapted to other software systems for use in scientific research, high-volume logging, and other custom applications.
- Sensus Manager 2.55 Update
- ReefNet has released Sensus Manager 2.55. This maintenance release fixes a few bugs and is now built as a Universal Binary on the Mac OS platform. All users are urged to download this update to ensure the best performance and stability.
- ReefNet at DEMA Show 2006
- DEMA Show is the world's largest trade show for the dive equipment/travel industry. The 2006 DEMA Show is being held in Orlando, FL from Nov. 8-11. Naturally, ReefNet will be there (in booth 538) to demonstrate all of its products. On Wednesday Nov. 8th at 1:00pm, ReefNet will join Divers Alert Network for a presentation on the Project Dive Exploration data collection initiative. If you're at DEMA, be sure to stop by ReefNet's booth to get our current specials, or just to say hello!
- New Partnership Announced!
- ReefNet and New World Publications have agreed to collaborate on a series of interactive software DVDs to complement New World Publications' popular marine life book series. As a first step in this partnership, ReefNet has rebranded it's current fish identification DVD as Reef Fish Identification: Florida, Caribbean, Bahamas - Interactive Edition. Look for it on sale anywhere New World Publications' books are sold! To learn more about this partnership, read the press release.
- Sensus Ultra Now In Stock and Ready to Ship
- ReefNet is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new Sensus Ultra dive data recording system. With nearly 20 times the capacity and over 20 times the resolution of our previous model, Sensus Ultra is quite simply the most advanced dive data recorder you can buy! Complete kits are just $150 in our online store. Existing users can take advantage of our trade-in offer to save on a Sensus Ultra purchase!
- Sensus Trade-In Offer
- If you own an original Sensus or Sensus Pro data recorder and want to upgrade to the Sensus Ultra, have we got a deal for you! Simply order your new Sensus Ultra, send us your old recorder, and receive your choice of trade-in rewards valued up to $75! Read more about this offer.
- H2YO in New Style and Colours for 2006
- If you hadn't noticed, our H2YO Noisemakers have had a facelift for 2006. The new styling is classy and functional...each noisemaker now includes a stainless steel split ring for easy attachment to dive gear. In addition, we're happy to offer 4 bright new colours: neon yellow, neon orange, neon green, and satin chrome/silver. Available now in our online store.
- SubSee Magnifier Now Regularly Stocked, Lower Price
- ReefNet's specially-designed SubSee underwater magnifier is now available as a regularly stocked item, with a retail price of $75. All new and pending orders should be shipped within 1-2 weeks and we will be keeping stock on hand for quick delivery of this unique dive accessory.
- ReefNet Announces Sensus ULTRA at DEMA Show 2005
- ReefNet is proud to announce Sensus ULTRA, the latest in its series of dive data recorders. Building on the proven technology of Sensus Pro, Sensus Ultra offers many enhanced features and streamlined software tools. Much higher capacity, finer data resolution, more configurable recording options, onboard personal data storage, and more! SPECIAL OFFER: Advance order Sensus ULTRA now and pay the PRO price! Contact ReefNet for more details or to order.
- ReefNet upgrades its web server, and gets a makeover!
- Welcome to the "new and improved" ReefNet web site. Along with a new, clean and better-organized visual layout, ReefNet has moved to a fresh new web server with a lot more room to grow -- we hope you like the new look. If you encounter any problems or notice something obviously wrong, please let us know!
- See what's new from ReefNet at DEMA 2005 (Booth 1701)
- Everybody who's anybody in the scuba industry knows about DEMA. If you don't, it's the single biggest trade show for dive-related businesses and resorts in the world, and it's happening this year from October 4-7 in Las Vegas, NV. ReefNet will be there (Booth 1701) to show off new and existing products and to have a great time. If you'll be at DEMA, be sure to stop by and say hello. If you won't be there, stay tuned for our post-show news report!